Every marketing expert knows that you have to build an effective marketing strategy to make your tourism business successful. But prior to deciding how you’ll market your business to potential customers, you need to know your target market. You have to get the answers to the following questions to get a clear view of your potential customers’ persona. You’ll also know what exactly drives them to buy tourism services or products.
- What are their exact sex, age, marital status, family status, income, and location?
- Do they like reading or browsing the Internet? What shows or movies do they watch? What are their favorite food, sports, and hobbies?
- What questions do they ask when they make their travel plans? Do they use the Internet for research, ask friends for recommendations, or use mobile apps for tourism to get information about a certain destination? If so, you must consider developing your own app.
- What excites them or keeps them occupied? What do they value in their life and why?
- Do they travel frequently? Why and where do they like to travel and with whom?
- What do they feel when they’re making their travel plans?
- What do they search when they dream, plan, and book their travels? What about before the actual travel date, while they’re already in their destination, and after they’ve finished traveling?
When you get all the answers to these questions, you will have a better understanding of the specific type of customer you need to target. In turn, you’d know how you could get their attention, which would greatly help in engaging them. This could lead to more sales and bookings for you.
Crafting a carefully planned marketing strategy with your ideal customer personas in mind would keep you from wasting your time and money on unsuccessful marketing strategies. Through more focused and consistent communications, you’d know how to reach out to potential leads and care for your existing customers.